Located in the Pacific Northwest on the West coast of America, Seattle has an idyllic setting. But aside from its picture-postcard good looks, it's also a holidaymakers dream, with laid-back bars and restaurants, chic hotels, lots of interesting museums and fascinating places to explore. It also boasts a host of adventurous activities right on its doorstep, including hiking skiing, mountain biking, kayaking and sailing.
Bill Gates lived in Seattle, and the creator of the Microsoft empire isn't the only successful entrepreneur who was born and raised in this beautiful city. And many big businesses have their headquarters here, including Starbucks, Microsoft, Expedia and Amazon. On top of that, Seattle is listed, along with Melbourne and Montreal, as one of the most favorable cities to live in in the world. It's seriously beautiful, fashionable, modern, vibrant, dynamic and young. No wonder everybody wants to live there.
In the city itself you'll never tire of sightseeing possibilities there's the soaring Space Needle, from where you can enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the city and its surroundings, the aquarium at the popular downtown waterfront, an excellent art museum, science centre and Museum of History and Industry. Walking tours of the city are very popular, especially around Seattle's main tourist areas - the waterfront and Pike Place Market.
Seattle residents are culture lovers, and theatre, art and music abounds. But there's also another type of culture, and that's craft beer. Here in Seattle, microbreweries are fun places to visit, and if you happen to be in town in time for the Fremont Oktoberfest, you'll have a selection of 100 ales to choose from.
- Boeing Field King County International Airport, KBFI
- Bellingham International Airport, KBLI
- William R Fairchild International Airport, KCLM
- Pangborn Memorial Airport, KEAT
- Bowerman Airport, KHQM
- Southwest Washington Regional Airport, KKLS
- Whidbey Island Naval Air Station (Ault Field), KNUW
- Olympia Regional Airport, KOLM
- Snohomish County (Paine Field) Airport, KPAE
- Bremerton National Airport, KPWT
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport, KSEA
- Tacoma Narrows Airport, KTIW