People from all over the world flock to sunny Orlando as it's one of the most famous resort towns in the world. First on the list to experience is Disney magic in famous Disney World, and then there are a host of other entertainment facilities on offer, including Universal's two amusement parks and SeaWorld's three theme parks.
And when they're not making their children happy, or realising their own childhood dreams, in the fantasy lands that have made Orlando so famous, visitors are sunbathing on golden beaches in jetset Miami, or enjoying a boating excursion in nearby Fort Lauderdale, experiencing the lifestyle made famous by author Ernest Hemingway in Key West or imagining life as an astronaut after a visit to NASA's Kennedy Space Centre.
Orlando is located at the centre of hundreds of small lakes and amusement parks. Most of the hotels in the city offer a shuttle world to Disney World and the other amusement parks, making it easy to get around.
And when you want a different kind of entertainment entirely, there's always fabulous shopping and a busy nightlife at downtown Church Street Station, a slick block-long complex that offers great shops, restaurants and entertainment.
Located 11km southeast of Orlando you'll find Orlando International Airport, the 29th busiest airport in the world, and the second busiest airport in Florida. There's also Orlando Sanford International Airport, 35km east of Orlando.
- Daytona Beach International Airport, KDAB
- St Lucie County International Airport, KFPR
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport, KISM
- Lakeland Linder International Airport, KLAL
- Leesburg International Airport, KLEE
- Orlando International Airport, KMCO
- Melbourne International Airport, KMLB
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport, KPIE
- Orlando Sanford International Airport, KSFB
- Space Coast Regional Airport, KTIX
- Tampa International Airport, KTPA
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport, KTTS
- Vero Beach Regional Airport, KVRB
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip, KXMR