The city that never sleeps, New York, has more energy and colour in one city block than is packed into an entire city anywhere else in the world. Thanks to movies and TV, New York City's many landmarks - the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Times Squre, and, sadly, the Twin Towers - are as familiar to the rest of the world as they are to the residents of this little island of Manhattan.
If everything is bigger and better in America, everything is even more fun, more exciting and more dynamic in New York City itself, with its charming mix of neighbourhoods, each offering a different aspect of the city's personality. You'll know who lives in New York and who's visiting by whether they're looking upwards to try and see beyond the skyscrapers above them to the sky, or are just getting on with their daily lives.
Whatever you see and do in New York will stay with you forever, whether it's shopping at some of the biggest - and best - stores in the world, to relaxing in Central Park, enjoying a humungous hamburger or deli meal, taking the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, or enjoying the city's fabulous nightlife.
Keep some time to explore New York's magnificent museums, especially the Met, MoMa (The Museum of Modern Art) and the Guggenheim. Take the elevator to the top of the Art Deco Empire State Building to see the city below - and pay your respects to those who perished on September 11 at the site of where the Twin Towers once stood. The happiness, the tragedy, the excitement, the joy - it's all part of a visit to the most exciting city in the world.
- Astoria Regional Airport, KAST
- Boeing Field King County International Airport, KBFI
- William R Fairchild International Airport, KCLM
- Bowerman Airport, KHQM
- Southwest Washington Regional Airport, KKLS
- Whidbey Island Naval Air Station (Ault Field), KNUW
- Olympia Regional Airport, KOLM
- Snohomish County (Paine Field) Airport, KPAE
- Bremerton National Airport, KPWT
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport, KSEA
- Tacoma Narrows Airport, KTIW